These have been developed to assist colleges and universities in building their capabilities in “cutting edge” technologies.
The package consists of the capability centre of which we currently have four:
- Information Security
- Broadcast and IPTV
As an example, shown is the structure of the SkilPro capability centre for 4G/LTE
If you would like further information on any of the SkilPro Capability Centres please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, we provide the following services to ensure that the capability centres are effectively utilised for R&D, Project assignment work and teaching purposes. Staff and students will become competent in the particular technologies as well as develop skills in analysis and problem solving in a test environment.
- SkilPro Capability Centre operations training
- 3 years technical support & advisory assistance
- Training & Certification for staff/students on the relevant technology areas
- Advice with suitable R&D areas for both undergraduate and postgraduate level using the Capability Centre
- Co-authoring of academic papers related to the relevant technology areas
- Provision of 2 x half-day talks per year on “hot topics” in technology
- Support in the enrollment of fresh graduates in the CCPS employment database
- The SkilPro Capability Centre are in “cutting edge” technologies; this assists in positioning the institute at the forefront of this technology and a leader in this area
- Forges stronger links with industry by understanding their issues and requirements in the technology area of focus thus providing opportunities for collaboration
- Builds confidence, analysis and critical thinking through a student-centred approach to learning
- Staff and Student Certification is aligned to the CCPS Professional Skills Framework which is supported by the Telecommunications Regulator, MCMC
- Institute will have a “live” SkilPro Capability Centre that is maintained by Orbitage for 3 years
- The SkilPro Capability Centre can be used for a wide range of engineering and IT projects
- Vendor independent approach to learning – students not only learn to “configure” & “manage” but develop competence in understanding the end-to-end system.
- Development of technical skills as required by industry
- Cutting edge skills will enhance Graduate Employability (GE) in the ICT sector
- Assistance with placement available a range of fibre installation and testing equipment. Shown are some of our fibre classes.
- “Hands on” experience on a live network will complement theory and enhance teaching ability
- Collaboration with Orbitage technical experts for 3 years – this can be in the form of seminars, advice on projects, co-authoring of papers, etc.
- Provides opportunities for research and development in this “cutting edge” technology
- Provides a valuable lab environment for student projects