Mission & Vision
To be the technical partners of choice, communicating innovative and quality solutions and developing necessary tools and platforms to meet your challenges.
Working closely as your preferred partner, we are forthright, dedicated professionals who will consistently deliver beyond your expectations
We understand your needs for diligence, quality, consistency as well as innovation and are committed to provide the key skills for you to effectively manage and position your organization and protect your brand image
Orbitage focuses on “developing, measuring and managing technical competence” across organizations through our portfolio of technical tools/platforms (developed in house) and services. Our objectives are to assist our clients in understanding and managing their largest asset – people and critical competencies – in a structured and sustainable method for the organization.
We have vast experience in competence assessment, management & development which includes the following:
- Developing and deploying competency assessment systems, tools and platforms for our clients around the region
- Competency Development (planning, developing, conducting & assessing) in technical colleges in the UK, Ireland and in Singapore
- We have provided training & consultancy services in the following countries: Australia, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, North America, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA for major organizations including HP, IBM, Axiata, XL, Singtel, Maybank, Technip, Celcom, Astro, Maxis, DiGi, U-Mobile, Packet-One, Telekom Malaysia, Nokia, Rohde & Schwarz, Ericsson & Motorola.
- We were selected as technical panel experts for the Singapore National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) under MIDA.
- We have industry experts recognised by MoHR/DSD as “Direktori Pakar Industri Negara (DPIN)” as part of our permanent staff
- In Malaysia we have been involved in the development of a number of National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS)
- We have our own internal BTEC certified assessor and verifier of Technical & Vocational Education & Training (TVET) programs
The Orbitage development team calls on this vast store of teaching experience, combined with in-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the industry and its developments. If you would like further information, please contact us here.
We have a proven record of exceeding the expectations of our clients and have established a relationship of trust with them. All programs are developed through extensive consultation with our clients to work out what is needed to meet their internal requirement. Our experience allows us also to consider the skills requirements from the wider industry. It is this collaboration that led to the foundation of the Communications Convergence Professionals Society (CCPS) – click here for more information.
The international reputation of the team members as authors, developers of competence-based courseware and subject matter expertise makes them ideally placed to develop certification programs. To date, Orbitage has developed over 100 programs. The program development team are qualified teachers at 3rd level, with experience in design, delivery and assessment of competence based curriculum.
Labs and Facilities
Currently we have five classrooms/training labs available to conduct our programs. Of the training facilities, three are at our offices in Mid Valley City, the remaining two are purpose designed labs for our programs at our customer premises. We also have a training lab in Singapore. The pictures show some of these facilities.
Orbitage Dynamic Lab Playground (ODLP)
Additionally we have a “remote” lab platform, the Orbitage Dynamic Lab Playground (ODLP.) Developed in-house, the ODLP is a modular software platform that provides a management framework for the design, implementation and reconfiguration of complex network services and interconnections. This is used to provide a “hands on” learning environment that simplifies the generation, control and reconfiguration of “real world” network scenarios for use during the competence development and assessment programs. The software platform is built on top of a Linux OS platform with extensive use of virtualisation. The overall platform control is via a management interface.
The ODLP is used for conducting competency development programs for our clients. It allows users to boot up and integrate with the lab environment (without affecting the existing PC settings) and then access a mixture of physical and virtual devices. This facilitates competency development for our clients and partners.